Friday, May 22, 2009

Oh, the lessons......

Even though she is graduating high school in 2 weeks, my youngest daughter, Chelsie, is learning more than ever. We are learning more than ever! And she, like my other two children, continue to teach me with every step of their own personal journeys. I know that it is our responsibility as parents to teach our children as they grow and mature. But I also believe in the importance of being the student...of letting our children teach us. And they will, if we give them the chance to find their own voice and to let that voice be heard. I am truly blessed to say I am Danielle, Gesse, and Chelsie's Mom. Thank you, my darlings, for all your love, laughter, respect, support, and, of course, the lessons! ;-) The trip to San Francisco also continues to "teach" me many things. And, as Sharon Sossaman said, Rick, Garrett, Me Ra, and Brian's voices are continuously "there" in the back of my mind, guiding and supporting the photographer and the artist who lives in me. More later on San Francisco, as well as some friends who are "Feasting" and cooking up a storm!!

2 comments:

  1. Awe! I love this! Thank you! for teaching us so much as well! Love you mama bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE you and your family. You have been such an inspiration (and an aspiration as a mother on my part.) I'm so glad God brought our lives together. xoxoxo Dawn

    ReplyDelete